Wednesday 11 January 2012

 

Buzz and Woody 

 '...you've got a friend in me.'
Buzz and Woody have shared many experiences together and both toys made compromises, if not sacrifices for each other.
Good friends... but they didn't begin that way...
The trials of their times, each having a turn to swallow a piece of humble pie and accept their own shortcomings was part of their bonding process.
Not all friendships are the same or serves the same purpose. Each friendship brings new challenges and experiences.
 One of my favourite experiences was developing a friendship with a friend I never imagined would be my friend.  Just by having so many differences, different approaches to life I stubbornly and arrogantly never saw this person as a possible companion. Until one of the hardest and saddest days of my life saw me helpless and somewhat hopeless. Guess what was the most helpful thing I needed? A friend that had skills, intersts and an approach different to my own. Forever thankful for the gift of love I was given that day and for the realisation that acompanied it.
Maybe friends really are just people we don't know yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment